Introduction to Volunteering in Ghana
CHANCE for Africa’s primary focus is on running its projects to help the local communities in Ghana. However, the charity also runs a volunteer programme and welcomes volunteers from overseas.
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, self-motivated, proactive people who are able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team. Realists, not idealists.
- From 19 years old.
The Volunteer Programme
- Not rigidly structured.
- Role dependent upon volunteers’ skills and interests.
- Volunteers assist with existing projects and do not take away jobs from the local Ghanaians.
- A minimum of three to four weeks.
Want to Visit But Can’t Commit to Our Recommended Placement Duration?
- We welcome visitors too. It’s a fantastic opportunity to gain an insight into the work we do by spending time with our passionate staff and visiting the many varied projects we run.